Tuesday 10 August 2010

Tuesday: Rain! Rain! Rain!!

It's finally raining after what seems to be weeks of dry weather. It started lashing it down about six this morning, hard enough to wake me from my slumbers. I've checked the weather on the Met Office web site and it looks like it's in for most of the morning.

Oxfam

I did my shift at the shop yesterday and worked from 8:45AM to 4:45PM, with a half-hour break for lunch. It was mostly sitting behind the counter and shifting large boxes full of books into and out of the little lift that we have. We got the delivery from the book bank, based at Sainsbury's in Springfield, a suburb of Chelmsford, which was huge, in addition to a couple of house moves, so, as you can imagine, I was knackered yesterday evening.

I did manage to listen to some tunes in the morning, though. I got through the latest Mojo freebee CD, which had a selection of old blues numbers selected by Robert Plant. Not bad, plus I got part way though the previous months as well which was also quite good.

We also got shop-lifted. I was out at lunch, but apparently a customer saw someone slip books and a few records into his bag while in the shop. Everyone got a code red (we had to change the bulb), Gill phone the police, and Mark, who'd turned up for the afternoon shift, tracked him through the shop and out into the high street. He'd twigged that he was being followed and put a sheaf of records that he'd nicked back onto the shelf and scarpered. The cops came round and took descriptions off people. They said that they would look on the CCTV footage for the shopping area to see if they could find anyone of fitting the description we gave them. Good luck with that, boys.

Jobs

Half way through the morning, I got word from an agent about a Delphi job at the London Business School. This started a few weeks ago, but they've only just put together a shortlist, so here's hoping.

Also I've applied for another £65k/year job that's just popped up on the web, so you never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment