Thursday 5 August 2010

Thursday: Oxfam, The Design Museum and Lizard Men

Oxfam

Today was supposed to be me at Oxfam most of the morning, but the person I was supposed to be covering for turned up unexpectedly, so no music this morning. After a few hours sorting through books in the basement, I decided to call it a day and leave early. Gill was okay with it as about five other people had turned up as well, so it was a bit overcrowded. At one point there was NINE of us in the shop. As I said to Andrew, there were more staff than customers (we had three customers at the time).

The Design Museum

I was up in London on Tuesday and went to The Design Museum, which is on the South Bank near Tower Bridge (over the road from Boris Johnson's current residence). It's modern structure right on the river bank:


It's more of an exhibition space than a museum and the current major exhibition, for which I got a catalogue and a free T-shirt, is Brit Insurance Design of the Year Award, the winner being a folding three-pin plug, which I thought was very innovative. Also on display was an electric aeroplane, component furniture made from bamboo laminate and some hurricane-proof architecture for Mississippi, my personal favourite.

Lizard Men

I've started to paint the Warhammer Lizard Men I assembled and basecoated a while ago. The aim is to get them looking something like this:


A long, slow process, knowing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment