Monday 16 August 2010

Monday: Drupal

Drupal

I've been playing around with Drupal over the past few days. Actually, it's taken so long to sort out the LAMP stack that I haven't had chance to do any real development yet, so it's very much a work in progress. I had a look at Drupal a few years ago when I was looking at developing a Wiki. In the end I found MediaWiki, which handled all the problems for me, but I quite liked the idea of a web development framework which didn't require any real programming. When I did it, it was Drupal 5, but Drupal 7 is about to come out and there was recently an article in Linux User & Developer magazine which sparked my interest again.

1 comment:

  1. I tried using Drupal for my site a while back but couldn't get it "quite right". In the end I went with Modx - http://modxcms.com/

    I really liked the way it hung together and the way the templates work.

    I'd be interested to read about your thoughts on Drupal 7.

    This reminds me though, I need to get round to updating it!

    ReplyDelete