Monday 23 August 2010

Sunday: A Rainy Day in Lewes

I dislike being in the flat for more than a day so, for a change, I decided to go on a trip to Lewes in East Sussex. Lewes lives, to some extent, in the shadow of it's neighbour Brighton so there tends to be fewer tourists, especially on a wet day. The town also has a more business-like feel to it, being the county town, and I've always liked it.

After a two-hour journey (with a twenty minute stop-over) I was glad to pull over in a nice little car park. I walked around aimlessly for an hour or two, taking photographs, when it started to rain quite hard. I ducked into the local Cafe Nero, bought a cappuccino and did a number puzzle for a while. The rain didn't seem to be letting up, so I went back out, umbrella in hand, and wandered a little through the town and back to the car.

I got lost going back and ended up going through East Grinstead before ending up back at the M25.

No comments:

Post a Comment