Tuesday 17 August 2010

Tuesday: Ergo Proxy

Tuesday being a quiet day, I've been watching DVD's.

I picked up a DVD from the shop the other day. It's an anime TV series from Japan called Ergo Proxy and I got sold on the blurb on the back of the DVD case:
"The domed city of Romdo is an impenetrable would-be utopia where humans and robots coexist, and everything is under complete government control, or so it appears."
It had me at "would-be utopia". Normally I wouldn't touch manga/anime with a barge pole, it's just too manufactured for me, but this seemed a little different from the norm, plus the image on the back of the case helped:



Unfortunately, the plot's a little turgid and it's been stretched thin in order to make a TV series, and I've only managed to find the first four episodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment