Friday 6 August 2010

Friday: Jobs

Since being made redundant from City Financials (the web site still exists, I noticed, even if the company doesn't), I've been casting around for a job.

I've been interviewed by JHC, a big firm up near London Bridge who were looking for an experienced Delphi developer. After three interviews over four or five weeks, they withdrew the job vacancy. Although this was a bit disappointing, I get the feeling that the job would have been quite a tough one and I'd have been on a learning curve for the next few years, although it would have been quite a rewarding role. Their attitude toward software development is very professional, plus I would have been doing Java as well as Delphi, which is the direction I want to go in. So mixed feelings about that one.

However, two other roles have sprung up at the same time. The first is another (Senior) Delphi role at the FTSE. This is for the unbelievable amount of £65k. So, obviously, I applied for it and just for good measure, I applied for the team leader role as well.

The other role my sister found me. It's a Senior DotNet Developer role at the NHS hospital where she works (she called it "DotNot", which was unintentionally funny. Or maybe dotnot), right in Basildon. I might not suitable for it: there was lots of web stuff, which I've avoided these past years, but there's enough connectivity stuff which is my speciality, so you never know. Plus it's local. Even if it was in Chelmsford or Southend, it would be a reasonable journey. I filled in the online application form and I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Finally, I got an interview at South Essex College for a Information Service Analyst, a sort of support/programmer job, at Thurrock (cheers, Pete). A good mix of different technologies and answering the phone. It doesn't pay much, but it might be just the thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment