Friday 25 January 2013

Oxfam Friday

Mark asked me to do Friday morning at the shop and I served behind the upstairs till until 1PM. I was in a bit of an OCD mood and sorted out the spare DVD's, making sure everything was up to stock and, in particular, that any surplus wasn't taking up room. For example, we had seven Spiderman's, so I reduced that to three. I'll be surprised if we sell them.

Michelle said hello and asked me whether the pricing on some graphic novels was correct. I thought so, but I thought one was a bit pricey and might not sell: it was Marvel X-Men-type-thing, but you never know. There wasn't anything of interest in the pile, nothing to to cause me to say "wow!", which was a shame, but that's the trade for you. At least, unlike Utopia, the new TV drama on Channel 4, no-one is trying to kill anybody over them:


I'm trying desperately to like it (any TV series based around people reading a comic book is worth a look), but it's just too violent.

While I was in Chelmsford, I noticed these Lego Minifigures that you can get for £2. I bought a couple just to see what they're like. I think I was a bit unlucky, because I got Maid Marion and a cheerleader.


Better luck next time. Speaking of Lego, I found this a few years back:

No comments:

Post a Comment