Thursday 3 January 2013

New Year 2013

I'm back safe and sound at Chez Lemon after ringing in the New Year with my relatives. It wasn't without a bang, though.

Within a few hours of landing one of the neighbours, Lynne, popped round to say that one of the ridge tiles on the roof had slipped off in the high winds over Christmas and was perched precariously on the guttering.


Dad went up on the ladder and pulled it off as it threatened to fall any minute. Despite the size, about 18" long, it's fairly light and you can lift it with one hand.


He had thought about repairing it himself, but reconsidered when he saw the situation and will get someone in when the wind dies down a little.

New Year was spent at my Uncle and Auntie's, watching TV and the local fireworks, which were a bit muted. I think most people have spent the money on Christmas and budgeted wisely, unlike Osbourne and co.

I hope everyone had a nice New Year and that the future is better than the past for all of us, not just people with lots of money.

Oh, and I watched Kenny Everett on New Years Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment