Monday 7 January 2013

Monday - Haircut, Ska and a Free Book!

I usually go for my haircuts to a place opposite Southend Central station. It's run by two women, but today the boyfriend of one was left in charge. He's an illustrated man, be-tattooed and close-cropped, and very professional. He did me a decent short-back-and-slap, and applied a hair tonic and orange-scented wax, so I smell fantastic! He was also playing some fine Jamaican Ska on the CD player (or Rocksteady, anyway):


He reckoned it was coming back in fashion. Suits me!

I also popped into Waterstones and got a free book! Well, not exactly. I've been getting this card stamped every time I go in and buy a book there and before Christmas I managed to fill up one of the cards so they gave me a £10 voucher. I went there today and bought a book I've had my eye on for a while:


I also paid the difference, £1.99, with what I had on my normal points card, so I got it without paying!

No comments:

Post a Comment