Wednesday 29 August 2012

Oxfam Tuesday: GiftAid Mayhem

A bit of a tough day at the shop. I was doing downstairs, which is usually busy, and a load of donations came in, so I was running around sorting out GiftAid. This is a system whereby Oxfam can claim a percentage of the money earned by selling the donation back off HMRC. At about 20% it's very profitable.

While I was serving, I noticed someone graffitting the boadings of the old Nat West bank opposite:


When they left, it was all boarded up again, but it looks like one of those cartoon doors that gets used in the old Looney Tunes cartoons where somebody draws it and then opens it up to escape!

I didn't get to play any music, which was a bit disappointing, but I'm in on Saturday so you never know. In the meantime, here's some Daedelus which I quite like (the video's a bit naughty!)



No comments:

Post a Comment