Friday 10 August 2012

Oxfam Friday: The Go! Team and The Black Keys

I was playing The Secretary Song in the shop today, but the video for that is a bit underwhelming, so I thought I'd post you Junior Kickstart, which is still a good song, but a much funnier video:




I was also playing The Black Keys "Grown So Ugly", so which this is quite a good version, if more laid back than the original.



Rock on!

Gravitas

While I was in the shop, Mark, John and I were having our usual giggle-fest. John was feeling extremely chipper for some reason, singing and whistling ("Where the Streets Have No Name", by U2 was being destroyed at one point, it was that bad), so Mark and I tried to bring him down a bit by discussing his rival Michelle and how successful her fiction section was. Fiction is a larger category than John's literature and she shifts a lot more books, to which we suggested that John have a handicap (a positive one, like in golf) to give him a fighting chance and to enable those that are interested to see how successful he is on his own terms. To this John said, in a mock forlorn tone, "... but a literature section adds gravitas". To which me and Mark fell about giggling and snorting again.

It's nice to be home, at long last.

No comments:

Post a Comment