Friday 17 August 2012

Oxfam Friday: Blood, Radio Moscow and Music for the Bride

When I got into the shop this afternoon, Mark said to me "You've missed all the excitement! There was blood everywhere!". Apparently, some pensioner had fallen down the little step on the first floor, obviously wondering what step was being referred to by the sign saying "Mind the Step", and had landed nose first. There was quite a bit of blood, but luckily no worse than that.

I did slightly longer than my normal shift upstairs as my mate Simon was doing Saturday. Suits me as I got to play a new compilation which has Joan as Police Woman and Radio Moscow:



Rock On!

About halfway through the shift, a rather well dressed chap in a real hurry asked me where the love songs were. We don't have any specific stuff, but I pointed him in the direction of Classical instead. He said that he wanted something for a wedding and he grabbed a CD, saying, "You'll just have to trust me: I haven't got any money!". I just shrugged and said that he could pay us later.

Just before we closed, a similarly attired lady came to the counter, with a little bridesmaid in tow, to pay for the CD. It turns out they'd been waiting for a hour or so, but the music had been fine. "What's an hour when you've got the rest of your life". A nice philosophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment