Tuesday 21 August 2012

Designing 007 and A Day in the City

I went to see some former colleagues today who've moved into new offices in 30 St. Mary Axe, a.k.a. the Gherkin. It was good to catch up with current developments in the team and I did the obvious joke, "who's got the corner office?" I'd worked with them two years ago, but with all that's happened since then, it feels half a lifetime ago. After much gossip, we parted and I continued on to The Barbican to see the James Bond exhibition.

Designing 007 at The Barbican

I couldn't take any photos in the exhibition itself, but I took one of the Aston Martin outside the front entrance:


Even if you're not a Bond fan, I'd recommend the exhibition, certainly to those who are interested in films generally. The sheer quantity of things on display is astounding: gadgets (Oddjob's hat!, Scaramanga's golden gun), costumes (a LOT of tuxedos and amazing outfits for the ladies), plus lots of film clips, original storyboards and models used for both planning and filming.

Afterwards, I took a walk through London from the Barbican to The V&A, through Holborn, Picadilly and Knightsbridge:


View Larger Map


These are the ornaments in Chinatown.

At the V&A, they have these giant "tops" which people sit in and roll around.


It seems to be addictive as I've never seen any unused.

No comments:

Post a Comment