Tuesday 11 September 2012

Oxfam Tuesday: Annette, Midlake and Ironclad

I didn't know whether to go in to the shop today as Mark had seemed in two minds when I spoke to him last. I phoned this morning but he wasn't in, so I spoke to Debbie. She said that they were a bit short handed and best to turn up just in case.

I turned up, had my lunch and was assigned the top till (yay!) so I played music all afternoon. I managed to play Midlake's Young Bride:



And I met Annette, who I hadn't seen in about four years! She was polishing some gardening books (which is very Annette!) I didn't get much chance to say anything other than hello, but it was nice to see her hale and hearty.

I also bought Ironclad from the shop, which looks a little over the top. It portrays the siege of Rochester castle in 1215 by King John and even has the destruction of the south-east tower by mining:



There seems to be lots of "fettling", a word used by my Uncle Alan to describe brutal combat. Seems an appropriate medieval word!

No comments:

Post a Comment