Friday 14 September 2012

Oxfam Friday: Paris, Texas and So I Married an Axe Murderer

I managed to get the top deck today (yay!) and had a look through the soundtracks for some decent tunes. Normally this is old show tunes and the like, but I picked out two that I rather liked. The first was from Paris, Texas, a film by Wim Wenders starring Harry Dean Stanton, Natasha Kinski and Dean Stockwell:



It's not a half-bad film, if a little slight. A man comes out of nowhere after years of being missing and tries to re-enter his life and find his wife and son.

The other was a Mike Myers film called So I Married an Axe Murderer. It's an amiable hit-and-miss comedy, but it has some funny beat poetry:



One of the tracks on the album was the La's There She Goes, which is about as good an Friday afternoon's song as it gets:



2 comments:

  1. So which Dan Brown volume are you using for your ciphers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dan Brown!!! DAN F$%^£$ING BROWN!!!! Are you kidding me?? The man's name is a curse on the lips of every charity bookshop volunteer from Dover to Inverness. Mind you, he has got more money than me, so who gets the last laugh?

      Delete