Friday 7 September 2012

Oxfam Friday: Boiling Angry!!!

Boiling angry?? Me??!?!?

Well, yeah, a bit. Here's how it happened.

I wasn't due in at the shop today as I had another engagement, but I said to Mark that I could do up until 2:30PM and no later. "Great!", said he, and we agreed to me turning up at 12:30PM to cover for a few hours. When I got there, I looked upstairs and saw Mark on the upstairs till instead of Simon. Where the hell was Simon!!

Here's him making a big deal of doing the morning rather than the afternoon shift as he didn't want to work the same shift as Judith and now he doesn't even turn up! So, yeah, I was more than a little narked with the big, ginger lump (sorry Matt).

All this was more than compensated by being on the top deck for about an hour or so to play some nice tunes. I managed to find a rather original video of Darkstar's Dear Heartbeat. For those of a scholarly turn, this is a fine example of counterpoint.



After a few hours in Chelmsford, I went to Shoeburyness to look at the sea:


Notice how blue the sea was, and that's no Photoshopping! I also managed to get a picture of the wind farm on the Eastern horizon.


This is part of the London Array, the largest offshore wind farm in Britain (and we have about 15!)

Update: It has occurred to me that Simon might have had a epileptic episode, which he's prone to, and forgot to tell us he couldn't come in, so forgive me for the outburst.

No comments:

Post a Comment