Saturday 1 September 2012

Oxfam Saturday: Stop Thief!

Actually, the thief was asked to leave before he got anywhere near anything valuable. Mark put on his sternest I'm-taking-no-shit look (which can be incredibly intimidating) and told the tea-leaf, who's well known, that he wasn't welcome. This is the first time I've seen anyone asked to leave the shop for any reason, so I knew it was bad.

The second thing was that I managed to be up on the top deck all afternoon and play music. To do this, I had to get the drop on Tom, who's like Simon's evil, slightly (but only just) smarter, twin brother, except they don't really look much like each other apart from being big. He was skulking around in the basement when I bumped into him, to avoid having to replace Mark who was on the bottom till. When we both got to the ground floor, I gestured to the downstairs till and said "all yours, mate" and skipped lightly up the stairs to the top till. A victory for the common man, I say, and a defeat for idle skulkers everywhere!

I played Stanley Odd, a rapper from Scotland. This is one of his more mellow tunes and, although not as good a rendition as the album, the lyrics are straight from the heart:



I played some Paavoharju (a Finnish psych-folk band), but they don't have any decent videos. Kevätrumpu is one of my favourite tracks, but no dice. I thought I'd have a Sigur Rós video of the track Rembihnútur instead, both beautiful and sublime. It's from the Valtari Mystery Film Experiment which goes along with the album of the same name:



As my Mother would say, where there's no sense, there's no feeling, and vice versa. Got something in your eye there, mate?

No comments:

Post a Comment