Tuesday 16 October 2012

Squeeze - Take Me I'm Yours

A thousand lifetimes ago, when I was in the sixth-form at school, we had a record player (for those under 30, that's a combined turntable and amplifier). We had one 7" single for the whole school, and this was Squeeze's "Take me I'm Yours", the words we knew by heart. (I think it was broken by one of the girls who got sick of us singing it).



A couple of years later, I bought the album "Singles 45 and Under", and discovered the scope of Glenn Tilbrook and Chris Difford's abilities and genius. They wrote good pop songs about real life. I've always liked "Cool for Cats" especially.



(In amongst some naughty bits of Kenny Everett: we used to dress just like that back then!!)

The BBC have done a documentary on the band and what a jolly wheeze it is too, full of the old favourites, although you can tell they weren't as much fun after Jools left.

No comments:

Post a Comment