Saturday 13 October 2012

Hurricane Fish - 25th Anniversary

Was it really that long ago?


I remember the night itself pretty vividly. I was awoken about 2-ish to a loud banging sound coming from the bathroom. The window latch, which was only a thin strip of metal, had sheered and the window was flapping about. Amazingly, the window hadn't shattered and I managed to seal the whole thing down with insulation tape. The other windows in the flat were all slide windows and so were unaffected. The only other thing about that night was the sound coming from the stairwell. The wind was howling and it was the most disturbing thing I'd ever heard, a keening, moaning sound no human or animal voice could ever make.

The morning after, I tried to cycle into work, but there was devastation all over. One grove of trees (which still show the marks to this day) had the top sheered off as if by a giant's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment