Tuesday 23 October 2012

Oxfam Tuesday - Comics Bonanza

Asked to do a turn at the shop, I got to do upstairs (yay!) after the affable Lee ("I've only opened the till three times this morning!"). I managed to play a few tunes, including one of my favourite albums by Jim White, Transnormal Skipperoo:



We've also had a huge donation of good quality comic books, both issues and collected trade paperbacks, which I was asked to sort and price. Whoever it was had quite an eclectic taste. There was a significant amount of the usual X-Men, Spider Man and Daredevil type-stuff, but a rather large number of independents. One which caught my eye was Stray Bullets by David Lapham:


Obviously a crime comic of some kind, it's self-published. Also there was my favourite, Queen and Country and also some issues of Mouse Guard as well as Lone Wolf and Cub. Also amongst the Manga (Elfquest mostly) was Neotopia, which I thought was rather charming, and I don't usually like Manga!


Mark's asked me to do a comic book window for the shop next week so I'm looking forward to doing that over the half-term.

No comments:

Post a Comment