Wednesday 12 June 2013

Oxfam Tuesday - Motown and U2

I did a second shift upstairs at the shop this afternoon. I saw Lee on the way out and had a bit of a chinwag about the music. A young lady was looking for a present for her father the other day and didn't know what was appropriate other than "old school". When she looked over at a stack of records she said "Oh, Stevie Wonder! I've heard of him!" It just felt sort of sad, but Lee pointed out that he sees kids coming in who really know their vinyl, "Labels and everything".

Luckily, I found a Motown sampler from Uncut:


The first track was a Martha & the Vandella's classic:


Oh, I sold the young lady "Songs in the Key of Life" and a classic Diana Ross:


I also found a U2 album to play, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb", which is OK.


Not to everyone's taste, I know, but I've always got a soft spot for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment