Tuesday 14 May 2013

Tuesday - Iron Man 3 in 3D

Being cheap Tuesday at Empire cinemas, I thought I'd take a rest from my studies and go and see Iron Man 3 in 3D.


Dunno. I thought the plot was a little all over the place, trying to be complicated and instead just being long winded. I also don't think that references to The Avengers helped either, because the assumption is that you saw that film (Is this Avengers 1.5 or was that Iron Man 2.5?). Pepper (Gwyneth Paltrow) was as cute as ever, even more so when she's annoyed, but it felt as if they were trying too hard. Ben Kingsley was really funny as The Mandarins' alter ego, and he stole the scenes right out from under Robert Downey Jr. Guy Pierce was also enjoying himself as Stark's nemesis, Aldrich Killian.

The problem I had with all the suits was probably the engineer in me: I wanted to know what they were all for and how they worked. Maybe more is less in this case. As for it being in 3D, well, that was a treat, but it didn't seem to add to the occasion much.

No comments:

Post a Comment