Friday 3 May 2013

Oxfam Friday - New Bands and Old

I did a morning shift today up on the top deck and, after a week of frentic college activity, it was a fine tonic. I played one of the freebee albums off Mojo magazine from August 2009 called New Harvest:


And a jolly fine selection it is. One of the best tracks is also the first, Fools from The Dodos:


There was also fine tracks by Ventiver, D.M. Stith (Thanksgiving Moon, which is delightful), Iron and Wine, and this one from Akron/Family:


They did Gone Beyond a while back which was was a joyously riotous.

Dave, our music expert, has put some collectable 7" vinyl in a box to one side and I was leafing through them when I spotted some old Smiths singles, including this classic:


And it's the original issue, with "Jeane" on the B-side. There's been a few covers over the years, but I rather like this one from The Skints.

No comments:

Post a Comment