Tuesday 20 November 2012

Oxfam Tuesday

Not much doing at Oxfam today. I'd turned up on spec as Mark wasn't sure if Francis was turning up or not (she hadn't said one way or another). She did and I only spent a few hours there, departing before Mark could rope me into doing the dreaded Gift Aid. There was the usual banter between me, Mark and John. Mark was trying to find a book for a customer, "Thousand Splendid Suns", by Khalid Hosseini, and we kept coming up for things to say to the customer to make them buy something else.

"God wants you to buy this book! He told me in a vision last night"

"Your wife phoned us: she's changed her mind and she wants this one instead." ("But I'm not married")

"We have last years Booker Prize winner, if that's any good." (They wanted "Wolf Hall", by Hilary Mantel, when Mark couldn't find "Thousand Splendid Suns")

We were being very silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment