Monday 28 November 2011

Monday Mayhem a.k.a. Christmas Shopping at Bluewater

As has become traditional over the last few years, my sister and I went to Bluewater, just across the river in Kent, to do our annual Christmas shopping. I thought a Monday would have been quiet, but it was Bedlam, like a Saturday, with queues everywhere.

I already have most of the presents, so there wasn't much to get, but I did buy some Sugru from W.H. Smiths.


It's air-curing silicone rubber you can use to fix and modify almost anything with a surface.


Afterwards, me, my sister and brother-in-law were watching "Have I Got News For You" and in it was this Youtube video which seems to have become viral.


It seems to me to reflect the human condition: that at some deep down level, we're not that much different than some lunatic in the middle of Richmond Park shouting at his dog.

1 comment:

  1. Sugru looks interesting stuff.
    There is a way of making something similar here;

    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Make-Your-Own-Sugru-Substitute/

    I have a feeling making your own will be cheaper but a lot messier!

    ReplyDelete