Sunday 27 March 2011

Woodbridge, Work and Blood Pressure

Woodbridge

I decided to go and see a friend of mine, Gillian, who is now manager of the newly opened Oxfam bookshop in Woodbridge, Suffolk, which is just the other side of Ipswich.
The journey was a bit dull, up the A130, onto the A12 and then via the A14, but Woodbridge is very pleasant. I'd got there a bit early and, when I asked at the shop, she wasn't on shift until 1PM, so I had some lunch and did a bit of shopping, as well as walking by the picturesque river Deben. When I got back, she'd arrived and she made me a cup of tea and we chatted about the new shop and the old one. I hadn't been to Chelmsford in a while, so it was good to catch up with the gossip.

Blood Pressure & Work

Due no doubt to work and the stress of commuting, my blood pressure has hit new highs. I test it myself on an irregular basis and I've been having a few problems, so I wasn't surprised when it hit 180/90 the other week. I decided to go and see the quack about it on Wednesday to see what he had to say. When he tested it to confirm my findings, the machine didn't work at first, but then registeres 208/100, or thereabouts. "I never trust the first reading", he said, and tried again, when it came up with the same reading I got. He's put me on Ramapril, with an initially low dose, ramping up after a week or so to 5mg a day.
Work, of course, is the main cause of it and, although I won't go into the details, I've had better jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment