Sunday 6 March 2011

Vegetarian Friday

Apparently, the Belgian city of Ghent has a vegetarian day once a week, to decrease it's impact on the environment so, in order to eat a little healthier and to reduce my own environmental impact on planet earth, I've decided to have a vegetarian day, Friday. I was already having vegetable soup on Friday evening anyway, so I thought I'd go the whole hog. Lunchtime was a bit of a problem. My usual supplier, Pret-a-Manger, don't have much of a veggie selection beyond cheese and pickle, but Eat seem to be a bit better. I might try going up to Camden Lock where the food stalls are to see if there's a better selection.

A Long Ride Home
On Fridays, to break up the monotony of the ride home, instead of taking the tube to Bank and then Fenchurch Street, I get the Overground from Camden Road to Stratford and then the Jubilee to West Ham. This week, just short of Hackney Wick, the train came to a shuddering halt and we got stuck there for about half-an-hour. Turns out there was a signalling fault at Stratford and the driver didn't want to risk smashing into the train in front. I would imagine that this is due to all the work they're doing for the Olympics next year: that's going to be commuting fun next summer. When we got to Stratford, there were huge queues of people waiting for the train, a bit like a Tunisian-Libyan border post.

No comments:

Post a Comment