Wednesday 20 October 2010

Wednesday: Shiny London and Typography

The Serpentine Gallery

After meeting with a friend up in London, I went to the Serpentine Gallery in Hyde Park. It was a bright, shiny day in Old London Town and I took a few photos.

The Serpentine Gallery is really small, only about two rooms, and contains only modern art (at the moment). One exhibit looked like the contents of someone's bed room squashed up into a really small space. Another was a set of photographs, like time lapse, being displayed on a wall. Another was a video of a bloke Moonwalking to some classical music. More intriguing was Anish Kapoor's mirror sculptres. Really simple, but rather beguiling:



Now this would get my vote at the Turner Prize.

Typography

As some may know, I have been interested in typography and fonts since I was a kid: my Dad brought home a Letraset book from work and it was facinating. There is currently a very good book on the subject called Just My Type by Simon Garfield, which is a very good read and highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment