Wednesday 28 July 2010

The End of the Line

It's Wednesday and I'm sat typing with a (large) cup of coffee at my elbow, while the budgies are en-caged in the kitchen.

I usually go walking along Southend sea front at least one day a week and today's the day (Monday/Thursday I'm in the Oxfam shop and Friday is sign-on day this week, so Wednesday it is). Actually, I'm not travelling on the train to Southend Central, but to Shoeburyness, the end of the Fenchurch Street - Southend C2C/National Express line.

I was thinking of wearing my Vivo Barefoots for walking, but I'm not entirely sure what the effect on my feet will be. I usually wear the DM's as they're hard wearing and comfortable, especially for "off road", which you do get in Shoeburyness.

The town does have a kind of end-of-the-line feel about it but in a nice way. The developers have moved in and created a New-Shoeburyness, but this has the same empty feel as the original because, of course, it's a dormitory for London.

Update:
Here are some photos I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment