Saturday 22 March 2014

Elysium

Through my LoveFilm subscription, a(nother) sci-fi film from Neill Blomkamp, director of District 9. Having been fatally irradiated at work, Max Da Costa (Matt Damon) makes a deal with local activists to break into the orbital space station Elysium for a chance at being healed.


With a rather good plot, breath-taking special effects, and decent acting (although I would have preferred someone Hispanic instead of Damon, but I suppose it required a name to sell it), Elysium makes for a rattling good sci-fi film. I especially liked spangly space station and the robots, but all the weaponry was cool, especially the exploding bullets. Recommended.

Along similar lines, there's a new series out in the states called The 100.


Mmmmmm, teenagers in space. Yeah, I'll give that one a miss, I think, assuming anyone over here is going to buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment