Tuesday 27 August 2013

Oxfam Sunday, Monday & Tuesday

I did a marathon at the shop over the last few days, doing a shift on Sunday, a double "Sunday" shift on Monday and another this afternoon, about 11 hours, all told. I must admit, I am a bit jaded. If you're tired of Chelmsford, go home!

I did find a CD of some Cajun music today which lightened the mood a little:


Cajun, despite seeming to be a dance music, has a lot of blues elements, understandable given the proximity to the Mississipi, so there's a lot of songs about levee breaking.


While upstairs today, I got talking to our Classical Music expert, also called Dave. I asked him what the score was, and he said that although the bulk of it was £5 or thereabouts, he'd found one or two LP's which were worth about £800! People must still collect this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment