Tuesday 2 April 2013

GUTS

Many moons ago, I used to play Quake, one of the oldest FPS's. I wasn't particularly good at it, poor reflexes, but it was one of the first games which allowed "modding" (modifying). Mods are custom patches to the game which allow you to change it. Typically, these are extra maps to roam around in or "skins" allowing you to change the look of your character in the game, but there were some very clever mods, such as 'bots that created artifical opponents for you to play against, that were good enough to be included into the main game by the developers. I did one or two maps for Quake that were so-so before I gave up, as I'm prone to do.

Fast forward to today and I got a little message through Steam that there was a modding editor for Torchlight II available, called GUTS.


So if you've got the game and you fancy having a go, why not try to change it!

No comments:

Post a Comment