Tuesday 12 March 2013

Oxfam Tuesday - Hat's Off To The Thief

Anne asked me to do the afternnon shift at the shop. It was absolutely freezing upstairs and I spent most of the shift slumped against the radiator, which was turned on full blast. Lee had left a soul/blues compilation on the CD player and it had some rather good Nina Simone:


The most annoying thing about the shift was that we had some old 78's pinched. Dave had put some on a shelf near the till and a rather shifty-looking chap was examining them. I told him that there were some more nearby, but he said that he didn't like the look of them as they had price labels on (Hmmmm...). Anyhoo, another customer asked me to look for something away from the till, and when I looked around he was gone, along with the 78's. Bizarrely, in his haste, he'd left his hat, so I stappled a note on it to the effect that whoever wanted the hat back had stolen the 78's, a description of the culprit and his possible accomplice (the woman who'd distracted me at the too coincidental moment).

After today's bad luck, I wonder what will the rest of the week be like?. Maybe I should ask a fortune teller?

No comments:

Post a Comment