Tuesday 5 February 2013

Oxfam Tuesday - Penguin Specials and Subbuteo

Mark asked me to do a shift downstairs today, where the action is. There was a bit of a surprise, though. I'd mentioned to John in the past that I was interested in Penguin Specials that came out from 1938 to the end of the war (there were some later) and he managed to find one:


It's number S26 and in very good nick.

There was the usual banter. We were talking about forged notes at one point and John said "Fivers are ten-a-penny", to which we all fell about.

With working on the bottom deck, there was no music as such, so I went all metal on the way back and listened to The Brain Police:


Rock On!

I was talking to Mark about Subbuteo, the football playing game:


Apparently, Mark said, the name is derived from Latin name of the Hobby falcon, (Falco subbuteo). You learn something every day working for Oxfam.

No comments:

Post a Comment