Monday 17 December 2012

M25 Motorway Mahem

Let's face it. I have been travelling between here and Bromley three times a week without much hassle so far, but I guess it had to end at some point and end it did tonight.

I was driving up to the junction to get onto the motorway, when I saw a sign that said that one of the tunnels at the Dartford Crossing (which go North) had been closed and that there was major tailbacks down the M25. I don't have anything as sophisticated as a sat-nav, so I made a guess and detoured through Orpington and Dartford.


View Larger Map

It took me from 4:30 to 8:30, FOUR HOURS!! Turns out they have actually closed the north-bound carriage way on Junction 30 as they have to resurface the road, most likely a diesel spill. It won't be ready until tomorrow morning.

Well, I'm pretty phlegmatic, as you know, so I just listened to some tunes and the radio. This included the Hisingen Blues album by Graveyard.


No point being in a rock band if you can't be hairy. Rock on!

On the radio, Mark Lawson was hosting Front Row, and it's been a while since I listened to it. He was interviewing David O. Russell, the director of the film Silver Linings Playbook, which sounds quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment