Saturday 21 July 2012

Back at the Shop

As part of my post work therapy, I've started back at the Oxfam book shop in Chelmsford. It was a most welcome return, after a bit of a shaky start, and I'm now doing Friday afternoons on the top deck, looking after the music and DVD's. Surprisingly little has changed in eighteen months and there were a few familiar faces. Michelle and Michael were still bickering over shelf space (she does sci-fi and general fiction and he does literature), and Mark has now been proper (paid) manager for some time and runs a tight ship. I had a few hours serving on the till, lightened by a conversation with a young Spanish woman who wanted Heavy Metal. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of my kind of music, except for a Goldfrapp album, Black Cherry, and an old Groove Armada album, back when they were actually good, but there was also a so-so James Brown Greatest Hits (aaaaaaooooooowwww!!!! git down! funky! Tell me if there's a better tune that Papa's Got a Brand New Bag. Not likely). I then did a few hours labelling things and price research on some AD&D books which weren't worth as much as I thought. I'm not much of an expert on Fantasy RPG, mostly sci-fi.

It's a Wrap

While on a weekly trip to Southend, I spotted a couple of Tesco employees shrink-wrapping a colleagues car. "Payback", said one. I know it's been done loads of times, but it's the first time I'd seen it. I gave them a hand and took some photos.



No comments:

Post a Comment