Friday 29 June 2012

The End of Something...

...and the beginning of something else.

Leaving Work

I left work yesterday for the final time before I began my University course in September. I'd given about three months notice but, for some reason, they had not managed to find a replacement by the time I had left. The work has been a little slack of late, though, so that might not be an immediate problem.

It's been rather a strange little job. Stressful, yes, but as if for no reason other than no body could think of any other way of doing it. Baffling. I asked one of my colleagues why, despite all the problems and inefficiencies, the company was successful and he thought that it was because there was little competition. One does feed off the other: if you are successful doing it this way, there is little reason to change. You'd think some big firm would have come along by now and bought the firm up, for the customer base alone, but no one seems to be interested in the market. Odd.

So, onwards and upwards.

On the way back from the job yesterday, I kept humming this: 



Seems appropriate somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment