Sunday 5 June 2011

UK Games Expo 2011

I was in two minds about whether to go to this as it was in Birmingham, a good three hours drive, but in the end I relented. And it did take me three hours as I got lost in the city suburbs trying to find it.

It was different from Salute, in that instead of being in just one giant room, it occupied lots of differnt rooms in what is Birmingham's Masonic Lodge. Unfortunately, the Talisman sessions were the day before, which would have been very enjoyable, but there was plenty to look at and quite a few games being played. There was a model of the Battle of Towton (War of the Roses):



and someone has thought up a game of Catch the Pidgeon:



And I bought some stuff.

The first is a collection of game poems, which is an on-going project. It's a party game (or several, really) but unusual, and I was intrigued.

Next is an RPG called Polaris. It's as much a work of fiction as an RPG, and has me somewhat baffled.

The third is a hard science-fiction RPG called Shock.

As I was leaving, I was stopped and asked for my identification:

No comments:

Post a Comment