Friday 20 May 2011

M.O.T. Day

Today was M.O.T. day for the car, so I took it down to the garage in Benfleet. It had a few electrical faults, one being that the washer motor didn't work and that the dashboard lights had dissappeared when I switched on the headlights. The car is a Vauxhall Corsa and one of the problems with the make is the heavy wear on the front tyres, so I had them replaced the previous weekend (one was very worn on one side and the other was getting there).
The garage services the car, repaired the washer and did the M.O.T., which it passed. The dashboard light problem was because there is a dial to one side of the lights intended for just this thing. The idea is that you can adjust the brightness so that you don't dazzle yourself when switching on the lights. I must have knocked the dial when I was cleaning a few weeks ago.
The car has done over 111,000 miles in just over eight years, which is about 14,000 miles a year average, about 50% more than normal. This is mostly because for the first few years I had it I was travelling to Kent everyday, doing a 75 mile-a-day round trip (about 20,000 a year).
As a nice, cheap car, Corsa's are great. I've had very few problems and highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment