Wednesday 10 November 2010

Wednesday: A walk to Shoeburyness

I thought I'd take a last walk from Southend to Shoeburyness today, as with starting the new job next week I might not get the chance for a while. Unfortunately, in what seemed like a bad omen, the train line was shut down between Chalkwell and Leigh-on-Sea, due to a faulty power line, and there was a replacement bus service.

The light was very good and I took a few photos. There's been some building work going on, on the sea front all year and I noticed these:

P1000761.JPGP1000763.JPG

They've got lights on the inside, angled to shine down onto the promenade.

At Southend, I visited a Victorian-style sweet shop, all very steampunk, and bought a packet of Victory V's and some cough candy (do Goths eat Goth Candy, K.T.?). It was a very nice shop and had gob stoppers about the size of my fist. They've even got a Facebook page.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new job mate.
    I hope it works out for you.
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers, mate. Hope things work out for you, too.

    ReplyDelete